Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The big day.

How are we feeling at seven days overdue?

Me (the physical resemblance is striking):
Spenser:

...but also super excited, because tomorrow night we check in to Labor & Delivery at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center to HAVE OUR BABY!! My understanding is that upon arriving, I will have a dose of a med called Cervidil applied to my cervix (is this TMI? I seem to have totally lost my filter) to soften things up, then early on Thursday morning they will start administering Pitocin to get contractions going. Obviously, going into labor naturally would have been ideal but I have faith that we are in very capable hands and fully expect a good outcome. Prayers and fingers crossed that my body is receptive to the process and our little girl makes a willing exit without too much trauma! :)

{Photo sources: Here and here.}

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaaa love those pictures!! You crack me up! We'll be praying for your little family. You can do this!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete