Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Happy due date.

{Trust me, Fetus - this cozy bassinet is EVEN MORE comfortable than my uterus!}

Happy August 7th to all! Yes, to anyone keeping track, this is our fetus's expected date of arrival and although it is statistically rare for a baby to be born on their exact due date, she is essentially fully baked and could make an appearance at any time. I don't know how much detail everyone wants on the progress (or lack thereof) of labor, but at my last few appointments I haven't really shown any at all. No dilation, no effacement, and still carrying the baby pretty high...although she is positioned head down, which is a good thing. My doctor scheduled an induction for Wednesday, August 15th (because it is not so good for babies to go too long over their due dates) so if she doesn't come naturally before that day, we'll be headed to the hospital for a chemical nudge.

I must admit that Spenser and I are getting a little impatient to meet her (and wish she would be more responsive to our efforts to coax her out ;)! Overall, I have enjoyed the experience of being pregnant but it is starting to get a little ridiculous. I carry her almost entirely in front; if you saw me square on from behind, you might not even be able to tell I am pregnant but the front of me is huuuuuuuumongous. I can't buckle my own seat belt, bend over or down to retrieve anything I drop, or be more than fifty yards from a bathroom at any given time. Complaints aside, I know it will be worth it!

And until you hear otherwise from us, here is the most concise update we can offer: http://www.haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/ :)

1 comment: