Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hello again.




I have decided to come out of cyber hiding and maybe start blogging a bit again. Part of the reason I have stayed away is my unwillingness to confront the fact that I did such a poor job of documenting Reed - well, relative to how I documented Quinn anyway - and I'm sure I'll hear about it from her someday. In my defense, Reed has taken about four naps total in her twenty months on this earth so that didn't leave me much time to wax nostalgic online.

We had the above photos taken a few weeks ago by a family friend.

Quinn graduated from nursery and joined the Sunbeams class today. She has an excellent teacher, and by all accounts had a wonderful time and seemed happy. So we're not quite sure why she darted out of the classroom straight into my arms crying her eyeballs out when we picked her up. You know what? Change is hard. And I kind of wanted to start balling too because the best hours of fresh snowfall got spent on the three hour block. Maybe bishop didn't get the memo, but here in Oregon, when it snows, we cancel stuff. That's how we roll.

Reed is a sassy spirit. We love her. She is so kissable - just look at those cheeks. Girlfriend doesn't do a single thing she doesn't want to. Unfortunately that includes getting her diaper changed. That's a pretty epic struggle around here. She is known in our ward as Choir's #1 Fan because after every song they do she jumps up, claps and yells "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaah!!" at the top of her lungs. (It's loud. I think about 85% of the ward thinks it's cute and the rest, well, you know, have their opinions about it and how her parents should handle it.)

It's all pretty amazing. And that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment