Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ramping up.

I've been trying to capture some photos of these pouty faces since Quinn was very first born! As Grandpa Fowles would say: "Hang a bucket on that lip!" By way of quick update: Quinn is five weeks old and doing great. She is a healthy and (for the most part) happy little girl who changes every day. She is developing a lot of  neck strength and engages objects and people more intently with her eyes now, so it's fun to sit her on a knee and laugh at all of her expressions. The first question people usually ask me these days is how she is sleeping. I think Spens and I really lucked out in that department because most nights, Quinn is a great sleeper. She usually goes down between ten and eleven at night and sleeps for a four- or five- hour stretch before she gets up to eat. After that, she continues to sleep for two more three-hour shifts with feedings in between before she's up for the day. Sometimes the days are a little more difficult because her nap schedule is somewhat inconsistent, and I find it hard to get things done (such as feeding myself, haha), so I am on the lookout for a sling or front carrier that I can pop her into. 

Parenthood is sometimes challenging but even though we've only been at it for five weeks, I can already feel the rewards. I think there is something about placing your focus on meeting the needs of another person that increases your overall happiness. It's definitely a team effort and Quinn and I are so lucky that Spens is such a present, supportive father. Quinn also has lots of grandmas and grandpas who love her to death and are happy to spell mom and dad for a few minutes... :) 

4 comments:

  1. I really want to meet that little angel of yours. It looks like she has quite a lot of hair! How are you doing in terms of the whole post-baby-breast-feeding bit? Does it hurt??? hhaa. I just can't wait til I can be writing this same post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come visit us!!! Yeah, the nursing thing was SUPER painful for the first week or so but after a few weeks we got it down. I use my pump if I need a break so that works out well.

      Delete
  2. Hey do you still need a front carrier? We have been given a couple and I don't need more than one! If so, text me 503 459 6247

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for offering!! We got our hands on one and are loving it :)

      Delete