Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Congrats to Brad & Steph.

I just got home yesterday from Utah, where we all traveled to participate in my brother's wedding to the lovely Stephanie! The whole day was wonderful and the two of them seemed supremely happy. I lived (and was just about literally attached to the hip) with Stephanie for six ridiculously fun weeks at the end of my mission, and so one of my favorite parts of the trip was meeting her family in person and seeing where she comes from. Missionaries always describe and swap stories about their family members, but it is something different entirely to actually meet them! She has an amazing family and I am not surprised they produced such a quality person.

It was also great to spend time with my grandma and Paul in Salt Lake City. I spent a lot of weekends at their house when I was a student at BYU, but this is the first time in two years that I have had a chance to go visit them. I am excited for them to come up and visit us in August after our little lady arrives!

Aaaaand of course...it was way fun to see some other former mission companions, namely Hanalei and Amy! Hanalei and Austin always let me tag around with them but never make me feel like a third wheel, which I love. And I am currently hatching plans to visit Amy in LA because, well...she's just awesome.

Thanks to my family for massaging my swollen feet and putting up with my pregnant self in general. I missed Spenser a lot (he wasn't able to come due to work), but there are a lot of people in Utah who are very special to me so it was totally worth the trip. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am still recovering from this weekend of fun!! haha

    ReplyDelete