Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sixty eight days to go.


{a pregnant lady's best friends}

Greetings all! Hopefully everyone had a restful, enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. By way of a short update, everything is going well on this end and we are excited to be just a little over two months away (sixty eight days until the due date of August 7th, to be more exact) from welcoming our little girl. A few weeks ago, my obstetrician said I was measuring a little large (fundal height-wise) and so we had an ultrasound just to confirm the baby has continued to develop healthily. Everything looked great, and although she is measuring in the 70th percentile for size, my doctor said measuring large is not really a concern until the baby measures in the 95th or above percentile so she is still right on track and it looks likely that she will just be tall, like her dad. In other good news, I had the routine gestational diabetes screen and that came back negative. I also came up slightly anemic, but that's nothing an iron supplement can't fix so we are good to go there.

I have been feeling pretty good; a bit achy, a bit swollen, and a bit gassy (TMI? Deal with it), but my energy level is still high. Hopefully I can maintain that until I finish up at work on June 14th. Lots of people have told me with gloom and doom in their eyes how miserable it will be to be hugely pregnant and have a baby in the summer, but I'm optimistic. Watermelon is in season, and our apartment complex has a pool. I think it's going to be great!

4 comments:

  1. WOW I can't believe baby will be here even before your first wedding anniversary!! I am glad to get all this updated info. Also, what are the exact dates you'll be in Utah? I know i've asked a million times...

    AANNddd for some reason I'm excited for you last day of work!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, how did you get the mormon.org button? I can't find it on their website to embed into my blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hrm yeah - I actually had that mormon.org button saved on my computer for a long time, so I just uploaded the image to my sidebar and linked it to the homepage. (So, technically it's not an embedded button.)

      YAY believe me, I am excited for my last day of work too...

      Delete
    2. Oooooooh yeah, and as for the dates we will be in Utah: We leave here and drive all day Tues 6/19, and leave Utah and drive all day Monday 6/25. Feels short...but I'm EXCITED to see ya!!

      Delete