Friday, July 1, 2011

Engagement day.

Hi friends & family! Some of you have asked for specifics on how Spenser's proposal went down, and I'm here to oblige! And yes, it caught me by surprise (well - I expected we would get engaged, but there was nothing that day that tipped me off - SURPRISE!!).

Spenser picked me up from work and we drove up to the Cooper Mountain Nature Park to go for a walk. He was unusually quiet and unresponsive, staring straight ahead and gripping the steering wheel like it was the safety restraint bar on a roller coaster and we were headed for the double 360. I asked him a few times if he was ok or if he was tired, but he just responded with one-liners and kept driving. Once I suspected he was checked out, I even started making strange noises in an attempt to garner a response, but still - nothing! Haha. In retrospect, how did I not start to wonder what was up?!

Anyway, we started on our walk and it was a gorgeous day so I kept stopping every two feet to snap a photo. Usually Spenser is super patient with that, but he was kind of hurrying me along and when we came around the bend (sweating like crazy!) to the special setup, I understood why! Spenser's Aunt Jane and Uncle Morgan had hiked in earlier and set up a beautiful table with yummy treats for us to enjoy.

And...I said yes!

Check it all out:

Cooper Mountain Nature Park 1

Cooper Mountain Nature Park 2

Engagement Day - Treats Table

Engagement Day - Ring

Engagement Day - Spenser & Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment